Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Mexican Bread

After my morning meeting in a pet clinic ,  I stopped over to see Miguel and Bella. 
The minute I stepped out of my car...I smelled freshly baked bread.  Hmmmm, I inhaled deeply to savor the comforting scent of baked goods.

It was very busy in the Panaderia...I started my 'bread shopping'. Bella, as cheerful as always, described each bread and pastry. Some sort of Mexican bread 101 class for me. 
I picked out a selection. Grabbed my brown bag and headed home.


Cool and windy, I brewed my favorite coffee (yeah, on a nespresso machine) 
and sat by our kitchen window facing the lake. 
Got my brown baggie with pastries and this chunky brown cookie caught my attention. 

One bite, yes, all it took was one bite for me to say that this piggie is now my favorite. 
The texture is of a soft cookie. The taste is heavenly!!! Molasses with hint of chocolate. 
I forgot what it's called. Will definitely ask Bella next time I visit their shop. 

What? You have not tried this golden ... molasses... chocolate... soft cookie? You better. 
Now, let me finish it with my coffee while I watch ducks swimming by.